If you don’t have a Nordstrom card, welcome to the best week of your life [well in the shopping world at least]! You may be wondering why I say that… solely because the sale has gone live to everyone & their mom [literally] 😉 With that being said, I wanted to help a sista’ out & roundup my favorite jeans for you!
Jeans & boots are my two favorite things to splurge on with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, solely because these are items I will get good wear out of & it is worth saving the money! You can see above that I am wearing the high waisted, button up pair from the sale & I seriously adore them. They are under $50, so comfortable & hide everything in [if you know what I mean]! Oh & just for reference, I sized up to a 26 in these, as they are not as stretchy. Any who, I am one who hates spending a ton on jeans, but I know it is so worth it, so see below for my faves. I have rounded them up based on price, just so it is easier to select what you want depending on your budget!
$50 & Under
Happy shopping & better yet, happy Friday! 🙂
The day is finally here! What day you might ask? Only the best sale of the year opens up to Nordstrom card holders day, duh! 🙂 If you are like me & on a major budget (let’s be real, I am planning a wedding so my shopping budget has had to be cutback lol), then this post is for you. I am rounding up my favorite items from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that are under $50. Yes, you read that correctly! Under $50!!! All of the items I have rounded up are basics that will be great to take into fall & winter. Seriously, I wore some of the items I scored last year from the sale on repeat, so you should definitely take advantage!
1. Ruffle Hem Bell Sleeve Top– $40.90
2. Fringe Hem Sweater– $45.90
3. Barton Camo Print Jacket– $38.90
4. Suede Clutch– $49.90
5. Cuff Sleeve Pullover– $45.90
6. The Front Pullover– $45.90
7. Off the Shoulder Sweatshirt Dress– $31.90
8. Stripe Faux Leather Tote– $35.90
9. Raw Hem Straight Leg Jeans– $49.90
Happy shopping! Be sure to follow along on Instagram, Insta stories, and the specified tabs under Nordstrom Sale on my blog for all the deets over the next few weeks!
So since tomorrow is Thanksgiving [aka my second favorite holiday], I figured it would be appropriate to talk about some things I am extra thankful for. Life can be a whirlwind of emotions & there are constant ups & downs, but at the end of the day we are too blessed to be stressed!!
1. I am thankful for a mighty God. It is pretty incredible to have a relationship with someone who is constantly forgiving & only wants what’s best for you.
2. I am beyond grateful for my family. Some of you may not know, but my parents have been divorced since I was 4. And honestly, I would not have it any other way. Sometimes whenever I tell people this they look at me like I am crazy, but seriously y’all having 4 parents is awesome. My mom & dad are total rockstars. And I am blessed with a stepdad & stepmom who put the cherry on top [hate the word “step” by the way, wish society would use a different word lol]. Oh & have I mentioned my 3 younger brothers? They’re pretty cool, too, I guess 😉 I am so thankful for my parents divorce way back when, because I would not have gained some of the most important people in my life if it was not for that cringing “d word.”
3. My incredible friends are another reason to throw my hands up & praise The Lord! I love having friendships with girls from 1st grade, to my women in my college years. Each of you make life that much sweeter!
4. Austin Walker Abel, you are a blessing each & everyday. I have never met a man, or anyone for that matter, that always has my best interest at heart. Thanks for putting up with my divaness & loving me the past 4 years. I would not want to be attached to the hip with anyone else.
5. T-A-M-U, I am thankful for you! Seriously though, Texas A&M University changed my life in more ways than one. I would go back & relive my 4 years of college, just to get that little piece of gold again [aka paper diploma lol].
6. Now I know 8 am-5 pm can stink, but I would not trade my first job out of school. I can say I have grown a in more ways then I could have ever imagined the past 6 months. I cannot wait to see what my future holds in the working world. And to all you soon to be college graduates, I have one piece of advice for you: start your job search while you are in school! The job search stinks, but keep your chin up… it will pay off in the long run!
7. The seasons of life. I look back at the ups & downs & would not change one thing. Those seasons end up defining who you are & challenge you to grow as an individual.
8. My great grandma, Mommo, is the greatest woman I have/ will ever know. Y’all she is 90 years old, is in great shape & looks like a total beauty queen. Oh & she makes the best fried chicken in town 😉
9. Clothes. I had to throw a comical one in here, obviously!! Really though, I am so thankful for my love for clothes. Mainly because I would have never started AMWG if I was not passionate about all things fashion! I owe all my thanks to my mom, aunt & grandmas dressing me to the nines when I was little! Oh & the Devil Wears Prada 🙂
10. YOU! I am so thankful for YOUR love & support. I would not have the drive & passion behind this platform if it were not for you. My readers & followers are what make me keep doing this hobby & thing I have grown to love. So if you all plan to stick around, so do I 🙂
I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving with your family & loved ones. I also hope this posts helps remind you the reason behind the holiday. Remember, calories do not count on turkey day. So girl, if you want 2 [or 3 or 4] pieces of pecan pie [with whip cream] then go for it!!
Thanks for stopping by. I am forever grateful for YOU!
Shop my look below! Remember you can get my Karen Walker sunglasses for one month free from ShopDitto, by using code AdoreMore at checkout.
Hey girl hey! I hope you had a fabulous weekend relaxing, as I am sure this week will be busy with Thanksgiving & Christmas shopping. This weekend was my sweet momma’s birthday, so I tagged along with her & her girlfriends to Shreveport, Saturday night. I had never been so it was a fun little getaway! And I didn’t lose too much money, so that was a plus 😉 For those of you that don’t know, my momma is seriously a rockstar. I probably drive that lady crazy with how many times a day I sometimes call her, but I would not trade our relationship for the world. It’s so fun having someone who helped shape who you are & is now your bestie for the restie. Because let’s be real, your mom will be around forever, so is the best kind of BFF to have 🙂
I wanted to share this sweet little top with you, because the ruffle details + stripes + off the shoulder are seriously awesome [insert praising hands emoji here]. And it is under $30, so that is a major plus! If you are a college girl, this top would be great for going out one night. OR if you are not a college girl, & just have a girls night out planned, this top is a must & will become your go-to. I paired it with my laceup block heels & some black skinnies. Two things you can never go wrong with 😉 When in doubt, always wear the black skinnies & a pair of heels… it works every time!
Any who, thanks so much for stopping by. Stay tuned for my sale roundups this week, as black Friday & cyber Monday approach.
Have a great week.
Do you have those pieces in your closet that you feel extra good in? Those are seriously my favorite outfits, as I am sure they are your faves, too! The dress above is awesome & happens to be one of those “feel like a total rockstar” pieces 😉 I have already worn it to the Tech vs. TCU game with my bestie, & I received SO many compliments on it.
This LBD [which every girl needs in her closet] is from Josa Tulum. The brand is based out of Mexico & everything is handmade! This particular dress comes in several prints & colors- so if you are feeling like you want to be out of the box go for a print. The price tag is a little out of my budget, but I can honestly say the quality is GREAT & I know I will get multiple wears out of it. So I am all about splurging if I know it is a timeless piece. It happens to be your special day, because I have a coupon code for you to take 15% off your order. Simply enter AMWGR15 at checkout to score your discount. I promise you will not regret investing in this LBD or another one of Josa Tulum’s dresses. I have my eye on the Mey dress, too!
Little black dresses are a huge staple during the holidays, so I can guarantee you this one will be on repeat! I think it would be precious with tights & OTK boots. Who knows, you may see it styled like that closer to the holidays 😉
Thanks to Josa Tulum for this collaboration. All opinions are my own.